Sunday, May 20, 2012

BOOK REVIEW - NANCY MOSER: MOZART'S SISTER

Mozart's Sister (Ladies of History, #1)Mozart's Sister by Nancy Moser
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The question is asked...

"Is the recognition she (Nannerl Mozart) so longs for the truest measure of her gifts?"

This is a question that I believe we all need to ask of ourselves... is fleeting fame or our name in the footnotes of history the truest measure of what God has given us?

Extremely well-written, Mozart's Sister is more than a story of a sibling living in the shadow of her very talented brother... it is a sharp glimpse into a world where a woman's choices - regardless of her talents and abilities - are extremely limited, and her hope for dreams realized is slim, if not non-existent.

It is also a story of faith and believing that God has a plan and a purpose for each of us and His wisdom and and love and our faith will guide us to that purpose, where we will ultimately find our true 'life' and purpose... our fulfillment... our true gift.

I am looking forward to reading more from this very talented writer.  I suspect that were I able to travel back in time, I would find that Nancy Moser has captured perfectly the 'atmosphere' and circumstances of the period.

The back cover of the book has the comment that "Nancy Moser unveils one of history's hidden heroines."  I could not agree more!

Thank you,


Veronica Marie Lewis-Shaw
Cannon Beach, Oregon
15 May 2012


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know... it's a big pain, isn't it? But, I've got to keep the spam-bots and spiders out... they're always leaving candy wrappers and pop cans laying about; sloppy little buggers!

Thank you.