Monday, December 5, 2011

BOOK REVIEW – HENRY MILLER: THE OBELISK TRILOGY

The Obelisk Trilogy: Tropic of Cancer, Tropic of Capricorn, Black SpringThe Obelisk Trilogy: Tropic of Cancer, Tropic of Capricorn, Black Spring by Henry Miller

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I wouldn't go so far as to call Henry Miller a genius, and I think he sacrificed a great deal... what could have been classics are simply mediocre.

He does seem to obsess about women... understandable though, considering his contempt for them.

I may or may not come back to 'the tropics'... we shall see. I would like to think that there is something at least a little redeeming in his work... time will tell.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know... it's a big pain, isn't it? But, I've got to keep the spam-bots and spiders out... they're always leaving candy wrappers and pop cans laying about; sloppy little buggers!

Thank you.