Saturday, March 16, 2013

BOOK REVIEW - ZOE SHARP: THIRD STRIKE

Third Strike (Charlie Fox Thriller #7)Third Strike by Zoë Sharp
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Zoe Sharp certainly hasn't lost her edge with #7 in the Charlie Fox series.  Taut drama, tight prose, plot twists and action jumping out on every page, Third Strike is a must read for anyone who loves action and suspense.

When someone sets off a wad of plastique (figuratively speaking) in Charlie's father's reputation, Charlie doesn't take it lying down.  Regardless of how they feel about each other, in Charlie's world... you don't f**k with family!  Not if you want to walk away without serious physical impairment... or worse!

I won't give away the surprise at the end, but it does make me want to jump right into the next in the series, Fourth Day.  I should probably go back and pick up the one's I missed though... Killer Instinct - Zoe's incredible debut novel - is the only other one I've read so far.  Trust me... I will remedy that!

If you're already a fan of Zoe's writing, nothing I say here will surprise you... you know already... and if you're not?  What are you waiting for?

Now, I'm off to see where I can find Riot Act.

Thank you, Zoe, for some of the best writing in the genre I have come across in a long while, and an absolutely unforgettable character in Charlie Fox.

I recommend Third Strike whole-heartedly.


Veronica Marie Lewis-Shaw
16 March 2013
Cannon Beach, Oregon

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know... it's a big pain, isn't it? But, I've got to keep the spam-bots and spiders out... they're always leaving candy wrappers and pop cans laying about; sloppy little buggers!

Thank you.